How to Unblock a Website?
All the websites are public but we may not easily access some websites. Here are top ten ways to unblock your desired website.
- Use web proxies. Many free online services allow you to access blocked websites through a proxy server. A proxy server is an intermediary between the user and the server where the request was send. Here is a list with the most known resources of web proxies: Proxy.org, HideMyAss.com, Kortaz.com, KProxy.com and Anonymouse.org
- (Recommended) Use VPN connections. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is like a tunnel over the public network. The advantage of using VPNs over web proxies is that VPNs are more secure because they are using advanced encryption and allow you to access all the applications (mail, chat, browser etc) in complete anonymity and not only the web sites. The most known free VPN is Hotspot Shield.
- Use Hide IP software. These are easy to use and even if the main functionality is to hide IP address and unblock websites, there are applications that can provide you more than that – like cleaning online tracks, testing proxies, manually adding proxy etc. Usually if you choose a free software, then this will provide you a minimal number of proxies and no other features than hiding IP address. Not My IP is one of the latest free hide IP address software that has already gained a large market followed by the old UltraSurf which is already very popular. Regarding paid applications that provide more features and have a complex structure, my recommendations are IP Privacy and Hide My IP.
- Use Toolbars and Firefox add-ons. Toolbars and Firefox add-ons are in fact software applications that work on specific browsers and with a simple click you can enable or disable online anonymity.
- Use translation services. Introduce the link of the blocked website in the translation field (for example in Google Translator) and choose a random language to translate from because translation from English to English is not supported.
- Use Google cache. In the Google search field type cache: before the URL of the blocked website. For example type cache: http://www.domain.com/
- Use Internet Archive. Internet Archive allows you to view blocked websites through the Wayback Machine. This will retrieve all pages of a specific website indifferent if the website is blocked.
- Use Web2Mail service. Web2Mail it is a free email service that can sent to your email address specific web pages. You sign up for an account and get set to receive specific websites by email.
- Change the http of an URL into https This is the easiest way to access blocked websites. Of course, this might not work every time but you have many other solutions also. This is the fastest one.
- Use IP address of the website instead of URL. To use the IP address of a website instead of URL, you must first find its IP. To do this open command prompt and type: “ping domain.com”. For this read our article on ping command.
Now, that you have so many methods to choose from, it is up to you for the purpose you use them for. Please remember that ONLY YOU are responsible for your activities and we take no responsibility for the same.